MACHU PICCHU 1 DAY
Pick up at the hotel to take the train for a full day tour of the magical citadel of Machu Picchu, located 112 Kilometres from Cusco. During the journey we see the Urubamba canyon, Urubamba River and the show capped peaks of the Veronica Mountains. Arriving in Aguas Calientes we go to Machu Picchu where we visit this wonderful Inca Sanctuary also known as "The lost City of the Incas", one of the best known examples of surviving Inca architecture. Some of the many incredible structures you will see are the main plaza, the circular tower, the sacred sundial (the most important preserved Intihuatana), and the royal quarters.
After the visit, we return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Cusco. Followed by transfer from the train station to hotel then ending our services.
• Use tennis shoes or sneakers
• Drinking lots of liquids on long excursions, especially during the trek
• Long pants or slacks
• Several T-Shirts
• Sweaters and a jacket
• Rain wear (you never know when will rain, even if it's the dry season)
• Insect Repellent and Sun block (Sun is always stronger in high altitude)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Water bottle
• A light backpack
• Gloves, scarf, hat or cap and sunglasses
Tawantinsuyo Travel Tour Operator